BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. If you’re a natural leader and want to formalise your skills to advance your career, the Diploma of Leadership and Management is the ideal course for you.
FAST FACT -‘92% of those completing training were employed or in further studies”.*
About this qualification
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Assessment methods may include:
- Projects / Research
- Written Assignments & Case Studies
Delivery & Duration
- 1 – 2
- Blended mode learning or On-line
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to undertake jobs roles such as:
- Senior Manager
- Branch Manager
- Team Leader
- Operations Manager
Type of study
Classroom-Blended, Blended, Workplace, On-line.
After achieving the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership & Management, candidates may undertake a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
What you will learn
- Manage plans
- Select, recruit, induct and manage staff
- Lead effective teams and workplace relationships
- Manage work priorities and own professional development
- Manage stakeholders and risk
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Applicant will be required to successfully complete an ACSF language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment.
- Learning (ACSF Level 3), reading (ACSF Level 3), writing (ACSF Level 3), oral communication (ACSF Level 3) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) are desirable to participate in the course.
Units of competency
The BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management requires 12 units of competency:
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBINM501 Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWRK510 Manage employee relations
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
* Statistics sourced from the National Centre for Vocational Research.